Built in 1892 as the Lehigh and Wilkes-Barre Breaker, then rebuilt in 1939 as the Huber Breaker. This building was used by the Glen Alden Coal Company to crush and size the coal brought to the surface from three nearby mines. The coal was sorted, washed, and put into train gondolas awaiting in the yard behind the breaker. Seven to ten thousand people worked in the 134 foot tall, 11-story Huber breaker. Walkways are loose, steps are missing, handrails are gone, and hundreds of the steel-reinforced windows are broken or missing. Most of the machinery has been stolen since the breaker was shut down in 1976.